I put this together to make use of a load of veggies I got in my delivery box.
500g Lean Minced Beef
1 Medium Onion, finely chopped
4 tsps Bisto Powder mixed with a little cold water
1 tbsp Tomato Puree
approx 6 Medium Potatoes, peeled and cubed
1/2 Small Swede, cubed
A Little Oil
Parmesan / Pecorino Romano (optional)
- Serves 4
- Preheat oven to 180 Celcius
1) Put the potatoes on to boil in one pan, and the carrot and swede on to boil in a second pan.
2) Fry the onions until just golden, add the minced beef and cook until browned.
3) Stir in the tomato puree, Bisto and enough water so the meat isn't too dry, and allow to cook for about 15 minutes.
4) When the potatoes are cooked, drain and mash with a little butter (or milk) and put aside.
5) Roughly mash carrot and swede together with a little butter and pepper.
6) Layer the meat at the bottom of an ovenproof dish, followed by the carrot and swede mash and topped with the mashed potatoes
7) Grate a little parmesan or pecorino romano cheese over the top (optional).
8) Bake for 20-30 minutes and serve with something like broccoli and gravy.